Sunday, February 19, 2023

Thinking ... Believing ... but WHAT DO YOU ACTUALLY KNOW

Since mid 1980s, a common THEME that I hear from every corner of media and people is about SOMEONE is responsible and controlling the market. When market is not in your favor always point to the SOMEONE and squarely dump all the faults on this SOMEONE.

Yes, this SOMEONE could and might have TRIGGERED something but ultimately everything points back to us.

A very common and in fact it is a culture of following blindly. Independent minds are few and rare when comes to market. Human barely change or more aptly to say HAS NOT changed at all when comes to market.

You will have one CHEERLEADER or maybe a few of them with the alike mindsets. The most common script from the playbook is to start with the FUNDAMENTALS. Now when the objective is to promote BUY, 1001 reasons will come spewing out from the mouth frothing with all sorts of promises. EXCEPT THE PROMISE TO PAY FOR THE LOSSES when the prices did not materialize with paper losses on hands. 

Some of these CHEERLEADER will explain with spirited CONVICTION to convince the FOLLOWERS a sort of FAILproof recommendation(s).

Obviously when the target did not materialize by a certain date, than it become a delayed results with many postponements in the weeks and months ahead.

To keep and maintain and most important loyalty of the followers, CheerLeader will again recycle stories. These people are better off in the GREEN RECYCLING business than to mislead others.

One of the things that I learnt and accept is that I do not pretend that I know WHEN things will happen. It is easy for me to predict WHAT CAN HAPPEN and MOST likely to happen BUT I will not be able and I  do not have the GIFT of seeing into the future WHEN it will come to past.

I can make my own GUESS the different timings WHEN it can happen earliest and latest BUT I cannot be certainly SURE the exact date.

However WHAT I can say for sure, with price charts, when a good level of confidence I am able comfortably feel the market strength and momentum. This will be used to confirm.

When you are in the MODE of searching for evidence to confirm what you think and beliefs, you can only see what you want to see and hear. All other contrary evidence will be filtered out.

So what do you actually know?   

           

No comments: