Friday, December 8, 2023

Who are we competing?

One of the game I enjoy is Golfing. In many ways both golfing and trading/investing share many common traits. In anything that I do, my motive and objective is to be better than yesterday performance.

I am not competing against others despite keeping the scores. I am actually competing against "me" or more accurately my yesterday score so that I am a better "me" today.

I am not in the competition to win the top 3 prizes. I am in the competition to improve my score each time I am on the green or in the market.

Going to the driving range to improve my swings to be consistent and accurately drive them to the range I am aiming each swing.

I go at my own pace and not get drag into the pace of others.

There are many people who are very interested in others performance and score. In the financial markets, others performance does not "pay us". Others performance comes in handy in the event the our performance is bad and others are also dismal. We can use their performance to justify our poor outcomes.

Such behavior of ours in my opinion is IRRESPONSIBLE to justify one's weak results. Our objective and intent is to ensure we navigate well irrespective of market conditions.

As long as one keeping improving, the results and performance will be moving higher         

No comments: