Saturday, June 29, 2024

I am not good at trading ???

 A few days I manage to link up with a long lost friend from my Uni days who major in Finance during our MBA time. So we talked about A to Z and casually he said he is NOT good at trading so he kept to selling/marketing derivatives in the Investment Banking.

This is a common statement or comment that I get and hear over the year. I think and believe there is a misunderstanding what trading means. Trading is a generic term and broad coverage. I am sure many refer quick responsive act of buy sell activities as trading!! This is scalping in my opinion.

Trading itself does NOT and do NOT attach time frame duration.Trading is the act of profiteering from buying and selling.

Trading can be divided into short term scalping or long term investing.

When someone tells me I am not good at trading (golf), what I am hearing is someone who has not "invested" time and effort to discover the game and own-self. To be sufficiently good in anything, one need to understand the game, rules, tools (equipment) and most importantly OWN-SELF.

Profiteering from the financial market is like a golf game. It is my own score versus others. Like golf, I can play this game alone without any other people. Financial markets is the same the profit (score) is my and mine alone.

While Golf has a fixed tee off to the flag distance, the financial is more abstract with the start and the end for us to locate and figure out. What is fixed is we know the LOW start will end with the HIGH point with become a new starting HIGH and ending with a LOW next trend.

The key in financial market is to develop a system how you can locate the trend change and to flow with the trend. REMEMBER to forget ALL the noises that is external. Anything that cannot tell you the turning point and trend direction are NOISES including finance.

Once you understand where to focus than the rest is about YOU and YOURSELF with the market. When and How you are going to move is like deciding how to swing your golf club and which club what force/speed.

If you want to be proficient in anything, remember to spend time to understand learn and practice.  

Only you can limit and restrict yourself of what the opportunities the market present. The opportunities ares plenty.

Remember if you waste your time on other matters that has nothing to do with the market and trends, how do you expect to be proficient in profiteering from markets?

I sincerely believe that every effort done properly and smartly will pay off with benefits.


 

        

No comments: