Thursday, March 19, 2020

Old dog says -- Buying time ? Window Shopping time ? Do nothing ?

There are only 3 decisions to make in the financial markets irrespective of the market direction.

1. BUY  ..... 2. SELL .... 3. Window Shopping Do nothing.

The natural phenomenon things in life comes in 3 forms like the above.

The act above requires firm decision making to act. The rationality or irrationality of decision making.

In a down trend or falling market the act to buy is commonly known as catching falling knives. If you watch Chinese Kung Fu movies, you will see the flying knives.

In an up trend or rising market, buying in condition is chasing the bulls.

In an up trend , the sky is the limit but in a down trend the bottom of the ocean is the limit.

IF you decide to buy in a falling market, are you able to withstand further draw down till a final bottom is reached!!!!

Given that I am in the Futures market more than the Equities, such sky diving exercise by stock markets did not affect me at all. Maybe I give it a try when I feel a bottom or potentially a bottom is round the corner.

What if the bottom is reached and just remain at the bottom failing to rise???? This is also possible.

As a veteran in this game, I am prepared for all conditions. I walked them all. I seen all.

When my system flashes buy, well buy I will. When it flashes sell, definitely I act. Try to outsmart and be a smart alec, never worth it.
.

No comments: