Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Day - Week - Month - Time frame

The longer I "trade" the market, the more I am convinced the power and reliability of the non-intraday time frames when it comes to major trend and reversals.

Yes, we can "scalp" the intraday volatility, but we must NOT and NEVER ignore the daily and weekly trend. We must always position in the direction of the daily and weekly trend.

Some charting software have the flexibility of choosing time frame between 4h and daily like 6h, 8h and 12h besides the normal time frames below 4h like 1h, 15m, 5m , 1m.

As I progress overtime, I rely less on time frames less than 4h.

In fact the only time I refer to intra day charts is WHEN the setup of trend reversals developing on the daily and weekly.

If there is any desire and appetite for intraday scalping, I will do it NO more than 20% of total positions.      

No comments: