Friday, December 30, 2022

Confusion - Over confidence or Lost Confidence (HAPPY NEW YEAR)

In my years of trading all over different products and different markets, I am lucky that I was able to sit back and reflect upon the path I chose and the journey.

Let us address the issues of multi tasking across different time frames and FOCUS.

I would categorize 2 group of traders namely INTRA DAY traders and NON-Intra day.

Not everyone is GIFTED to be able to trade both intra-day group and non-intra day group. It is very highly likely we are EITHER ONE of the mentioned.

The intra day group tends to be highly active and reactive intra day. The non-intra day group has the ability to patiently wait for the moment to strike.

The intra day group does not have the appetite to stomach the volatility but the non-intra day group had the higher tolerant for volatility.

Both a 2 different groups with different psychology behavior. People who do not understand will lump and group as one instead of TWO.

I have lived in both "world" and I ADMIT that to be able to SWITCH instantaneous between the 2 is NOT easy and actually very very very difficult.

In the end I decided to follow the pareto law 80:20. My focus will be 80% non intra day and 20%  intra day.

The mental pressure on the intra day trader is enormous and only people with a strong and very strong metal make up should venture this path. The pressure to trade and to produce results will reach a point where one is FORCED into a trade and chasing trades instead of allowing the market to set up a good trade. Mistakes or Erroneous trades are common.

I have "left" the world of INTRA DAY and would say that I am more of a NON intra day trader. Allowing the market to deliver the trades to me instead of chasing and forcing trades UNNECESSARILY

MAY 2023 provide you with abundance and 2022 be a good worthwhile experience

 

        

No comments: