Monday, December 26, 2022

TIME FRAME - the key to trend and reversal - WEEKLY CHART

The longer I stay in the market, the more I am convinced that WEEKLY chart trend is the right time frame for me to appreciate the trend in motion and reversal.

During my early years, when I was much younger and under more pressure to keep acting on all the signals I can get from my trigger happy system. I was more sensitive and reactive to all the price changes/volatility on a day to day and intra-day.

The word WEEKLY chart is like a taboo and NO-NO. I was all pumped up for actions even on very low time frames that I can get hold on like 5sec - 15sec - 30 sec - 1min

While I can generate so many trades, it requires a lot of focus, alertness and the "JOY" of "trending" is gone. It becomes a pressure cooker.

Over the last few years, as one age and progress and takes trading/investing life at a more "enjoyable" pace, I began to look into the weekly charts in more details only to discover and realize that I have completely "missed" the forest but only looking at the trees/branches.

The time pressure to "deliver" has dissipated and appreciate the old adage studying the higher time frame trend and go along. Ignore the noises of the lower time frames as long as the higher time frame is intact.

Yes, I need to adjust that they will be less signals, less trades and maybe the volatility range will be wider.

20 years ago, I do not appreciate the VALUE of higher time frame for trends. 20 years later, older, and wiser, one start to see life and market from a very different view.

 

If ever I made wrong decisions and choices, it is mainly on time frames lower than weekly. This means even daily charts ONE can and might be distracted by volatility.

 

But it is very boring using WEEKLY chart!!! The question is it about boring or profitability.      

  

No comments: